Borough's Bastille Day
With so many French traders calling the Market home, it’s no surprise that Bastille Day is quite a cause for celebration here at Borough! To mark La Fête Nationale, we’ll be filling the Market with all things French, with fantastic events running throughout the day and even more happening in the evening!
During the day, we’ll have two special French-themed Demonstration Kitchens where our chef Hayley will be cooking up some French specialities. The first session will run from 11am-1pm and dishes will include:
- Borough Cheese Comte Tart
- Boeuf Bourguignon
- A selection of sweet canapés
The second session will take place from 2-4pm and will include:
- Comte and meat salad
- Tartines made with spelt bread
- Tagine of vegetables
There’ll also be musicians and performance artists promenading throughout the Market.
In the evening from 6pm, the Green Market will come alive with the culmination of the day’s celebrations! The music and performances will continue and we’ll be joined by some of the best French traders from Borough Market! Offering their French fancies will be:
- French Comte with their speciality French cheese platters
- Le Marché du Quartier
- Oliver’s Bakery with traditional French baguettes
- Comptoir Gourmand with a delicious French Pattiserie
- Une Normandre Londres wiith their artisan cheeses and diot sausages
Bastille Day will be a fantastic event and is not to be missed by Francophiles or anyone else! Join us on Saturday 14th July to celebrate France’s national day and to show your appreciation for the work our French traders do!