Kate Young is an award-winning food writer and cook. As the festive season approaches her attention turns to memories of her favourite Christmas stories and to welcome and familiar Christmas foods. Christmas is, after all, a time for tradition.
She's joining us in the Demo Kitchen with a menu inspired by her favourite festive reading and we can’t wait - get ready for the food in your favourite stories to come alive.
Kate's menu will include:
• Buckwheats from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
• Mincemeat, with conversation about Jane Eyre, Behind the Scenes at the Museum, Bridget Jones's Diary and everything in between
• Pepparkakor, Swedish Christmas biscuits from Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
• Chocolatl from Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
• Chipolatas with mustard and honey, and cranberry sauce from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J K Rowling
Demos take place every Thursday and Friday from 1pm-2.30pm in the Market Hall. The Demo Kitchen is free to attend with recipes, tips, tricks and tasters to take away with you.