Paula’s demo celebrates the recent wins by Borough cheesemongers Blackwoods Cheese Company, Alsop & Walker Ltd, Trethowan's Dairy Ltd at the British Cheese Awards by cooking dishes with their prize-winning cheeses.
Three of Borough Market’s cheesemaking stalwarts triumphed recently at the British Cheese Awards. Best Flavour-Added 564 Graceburn Blackwoods Cheese Company, Best New Cheese 626 Woodside Red Alsop & Walker Ltd, Best Semi-Soft 131 Lord London Alsop & Walker Ltd and Best Traditional Cheddar 163 Pitchfork Trethowan's Dairy Ltd.
Join Paula McIntyre at the Demo Kitchen for a session showcasing the versatility and flavour of these award winning cheeses, and learn all about the people behind the cheese production along the way.
Follow the smells of cheese wafting through the Market to find Paula, Maggs, Arthur and Dave at the Demo Kitchen making:
- Graceburn filled crispy courgette flowers with mint dressing
- Corn and pancetta pancakes with Pitchfork cheddar and chive mayonnaise, shaved cheddar
- Grilled lamb loin with lemon and oregano, cannellini bean puree and torched Graceburn cheese
- Tomato and Woodside red salad
- Lord London custard with pickled grapes, date molasses and celery
Demos take place every Thursday and Friday from 1pm-2.30pm in the Market Hall. The Demo Kitchen is free to attend with recipes, tips, tricks and tasters to take away with you.