As December knocks on the door, the decorations are up at Borough Market, and the festivities are in full swing!
Christmas is a time of joy and jubilation, but it can also be a time of waste, last-minute food shopping dashes and unwanted gifts. Taking a different approach, we've got two chefs on hand ready to guide you through the ultimate ethical Christmas. Make your dinner table this festive season one that you're proud of!
Thursday 6th December, Part 1: Shopping for ethical festive produce
Jenny's menu will include:
- Rich Catalan sausage stuffing
- Mushroom and chestnut Wellington
- A kalette, beetroot and blood orange dish
- Lusciously creamy roasted cauliflower and parsnip mash
Thursday 13th December, Part 2: Taking the 'whole meal' approach
Tim's menu will include:
- Mackerel tartare with crispy bones
- Devilled lambs kidneys on toasts
- Slow cooked leek and cheddar pasta
- Chicken liver 'Tuscany'
Read Tim's introduction to the demo here.
Demos take place every Thursday and Friday from 1pm-2.30pm in the Market Hall. The Demo Kitchen is free to attend with recipes, tips, tricks and tasters to take away with you.