An updated user’s guide to shopping and dining at Borough Market
With all areas of the Market now open and most of our traders back at their stalls, some of Borough’s bustle has returned. But while it is a genuine pleasure to welcome everyone back, it is vitally important that this remains a safe place for shoppers, traders and staff. As a result, there are a few rules we’re asking everyone to follow. In essence: come to the Market, enjoy your shopping, support our amazing traders, but be responsible while you’re here.
1) Our team are on hand to help manage the flow, keep visitors a safe distance apart and answer any questions. Please follow their instructions closely.
2) Entrances, exits and passageways need to be kept clear.
3) Please don’t congregate at the Market in large groups.
4) To maintain social distancing, there is a reduced level of communal seating available. To prevent congestion, if you can’t find a seat and don’t have a booking at one of our al fresco dining areas, we would ask that you leave the site to consume the food you’ve bought.
5) If we’re busy, you may be asked to queue to enter the Market, so please be patient. Saturday is our busiest day by far, so come during the week if you want a quicker, quieter shopping experience.
6) We are actively encouraging visitors to cycle here. You can either secure your bike at one of the racks provided around the Market, or else push it around while you shop.
7) Face masks must be worn in all shops, including the Borough Market Store, enclosed spaces and cafes where you are taking food away. In our outdoor spaces, they are encouraged but not required. If you don’t have a mask, our team will happily provide one.
8) Please pay with cards if at all possible.
9) Please try not to pick up and put down items of produce. Wash any uncovered purchases when you get home, and—of course—wash your hands thoroughly before and during cooking.
10) Hand sanitiser is available throughout the Market, and we also have several handwashing stations. We would particularly encourage you to use these just after you arrive and just before you leave.
Our delivery service, Borough Market Online, offers an alternative way for customers to access Market produce. The option of a doorstep drop service allows it to be received without contact with couriers.
The majority of our traders are now operating as usual in the Market. Below is a daily breakdown of which areas of Borough Market are open. For a map of the Market, click here.
Three Crown Square – main produce Market area.
Green Market – located off Bedale Street (by Southwark Cathedral).
Borough Market Kitchen in Jubilee Place – located off Winchester Walk (north of the main produce Market area).