Borough Market remains open as an essential retailer, with social distancing measures in place. From 12th April 2021, many of the stalls in The Borough Market Kitchen, as well as our restaurants and cafes, are providing al fresco dining in the evenings. During the day, they are restricted to selling takeway food in sealed containers to be consumed off site. No takeaway alcoholic drinks will be sold. We continue to welcome shoppers, and your support for our independent traders is greatly appreciated, but we ask that you adhere to the following rules:
1. Face masks are mandatory for all stallholders and visitors. Anyone not wearing a mask will not be permitted to shop at the Market, apart from those who are exempt and children under the age of 11. Diners in our al fresco dining areas are required to wear face masks at all times, except when seated at their tables.
2. Access into the Market is restricted, with some of the entrances closed off or operating a one-way system only.
3. Food and all drinks must be consumed off site, except for evening meals served at the tables in our al fresco dining areas.
4. There is currently no communal seating available, and we would ask visitors to avoid congregating anywhere in the Market.
5. Please shop alone if possible.
6. If we’re busy, you may be asked to queue to enter the Market, so please be patient. If the Market or the surrounding streets are too busy, it may not be possible to allow entry and you may be asked to return at a less busy time. Saturday is our busiest day by far, so come during the week if you want a quicker, quieter shopping experience.
7. If you cycle to the Market, you can either secure your bike at one of the racks provided around the Market, or else push it around while you shop. Please do not cycle through the Market.
8. Please pay with cards if at all possible.
9. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the Market, and we also have several handwashing stations. We would particularly encourage you to use these just after you arrive and just before you leave.
10. Be sure to check, and adhere to, Government guidelines in your area before travelling to Borough Market.
Many of these points are covered by a new set of bylaws passed by the Trustees of Borough Market in January 2021. Click here to view the rules in full.
Our delivery service, Borough Market Online, offers an alternative way for customers to access Market produce. Courier deliveries are available within London, and many of the items can also be delivered nationwide by post.
If you are unable to travel to the Market we’ve employed a small team of assistants who can be contacted by phone (020 7940 7900) or email ([email protected]) to arrange home deliveries of Market produce – telephone line operates Wednesday to Saturday and delivery is free within the M25 and £10 outside the M25 (nationwide delivery).