Borough Market remains open, with social distancing measures in place. We continue to welcome shoppers, and your support for our independent traders is greatly appreciated, but we ask that you adhere to the following rules:
1. Face masks are mandatory for all stallholders and visitors. Anyone not wearing a mask will not be permitted to shop at the Market, apart from those who are exempt and children under the age of 11. Diners in our al fresco dining areas are required to wear face masks at all times, except when seated at their tables.
2. Access into the Market is restricted, with some of the entrances closed off.
3. There is currently no communal seating available, and we would ask visitors to avoid congregating in groups anywhere in the Market.
4. Please shop alone if possible.
5. If we’re busy, you may be asked to queue to enter the Market, so please be patient. If the Market or the surrounding streets are too full, it may not be possible to allow entry and you may be asked to return at a less busy time. Saturday is our busiest day by far, so come during the week or on a Sunday if you want a quicker, quieter shopping experience.
6. If you cycle to the Market, you can either secure your bike at one of the racks provided around the Market, or else push it around while you shop. Please do not cycle through the Market.
7. Please pay with cards if at all possible.
8. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the Market, and we also have several handwashing stations. We would particularly encourage you to use these just after you arrive and just before you leave.
9. Be sure to check, and adhere to, Government guidelines in your area before travelling to Borough Market.
Many of these points are covered by a new set of bylaws passed by the Trustees of Borough Market. Click here to view the rules in full.
Our delivery service, Borough Market Online, offers an alternative way for customers to access Market produce. Courier deliveries are available within London, and many of the items can also be delivered nationwide by post.