- 2 raw beetroots, peeled and grated
- 150g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 65g Iranian or medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 20g parsley, finely chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
Tip the beetroot into a large bowl followed by the red cabbage, dates and parsley. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and give it all a good toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you can’t make it to the Market, Borough Market Online offers a wide selection of our traders’ produce, delivered direct to London addresses and, where available, by post to the rest of the UK. The service also includes a range of Best of Borough Market hampers and meal boxes.