- 120g redcurrants
- 50ml beetroot & apple juice
- 50g fresh turmeric root, peeled
- 50g fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
If you have an electric juicer, juice the redcurrants, turmeric, ginger and lemon before stirring through the beetroot & apple juice and the freshly ground pepper.
Alternatively, place all of the ingredients together into a blender and blitz at full speed for 1 min. Let the ingredients steep for 1 min, then strain through a sieve, pressing in well to extract as much of the liquid as possible. Better still, use your hands to squeeze out the fibrous pulp fully.
Knock back a 45ml shot in one!
Image: Rachel Phipps