15 mins (plus chilling)
- Raspberry vinegar and shallot mignonette
- 3 tbsp sweet raspberry vinegar
- 1 tbsp very finely diced shallot
- 3-4 grinds of a black pepper mill
- Aged balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp peppery extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- 4 chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Hot sauce
- Scotch bonnet hot pepper sauce
For the raspberry vinegar and shallot mignonette, combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Add 1 tsp mignonette onto each oyster.
For the aged balsamic vinaigrette, combine the balsamic, olive oil and sea salt in a small bowl. Stir vigorously to emulsify the liquids. Add 1 tsp vinaigrette onto each oyster, and garnish with the chopped chives.
The hot sauce method could not be simpler! Simply add 2-3 drops of hot pepper sauce per oyster.
Image: Kim Lightbody